26 May Tip: Check your Blocked Drains and garbage Disposals
- To prevent blocked drains, fit your bath and showers with strainers to catch hair and soap chips. Clean these regularly.
- Don’t pour fats or oils down the kitchen sink as these can solidify in the cold pipes and cause a blockage.
- Avoid using Caustic Drain Cleaners (like Drano) to clear a blocked drain. These end up being trapped in the pipe and can cause serious damage to them. Best contact a Plumber to use an Eel or Jet Rodder to clear.
- Always use plenty of cold water when running them.
- Don’t overload them.
- Don’t put hard food scraps down them like bones (or my Wife’s biscuits).
- Never use a Caustic Drain Cleaner (like Drano) in them.
These are just a few tips, but if you take notice of them, you don’t need to panic anytime.